Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Thing #1 on-a-stick

I am now in possession of a blog. Why does this development not fill me with more excitement and anticipation? Can it be that I can't think of anything to say? Perish the thought! I've been keeping diaries/journals/epistolary relationships since I was seven years old.

I AM, however, afflicted with stage fright of a sort. My antique sensibilities were developed over half a century ago, back at a time when public embarrassment and humiliation (as opposed to the dubious benefits of modern celebrity) were still a very real possibility. Obsolescent Twentieth Century model that I am, I can't seem to free myself from the limitations of an overactive sense of privacy.

Oh well, now that I'm breathing the free, anonymous blogger air, perhaps all this will change.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on creating your blog! Now you have truly joined the information age...

I feel kind of dubious about this 23 things project as well. I think it's a good idea for people to try out the technology, and if nothing else comes of it, that's probably a good thing. However I'm not sure that most of these things are going to be that valuable to us in our work. I don't have a lot of time to blog; I'm usually too busy working at the the reference desk. Plus, there's nothing that makes you feel old and crotchety faster than looking at some stupid MySpace page with a bunch of drunken teens partying.

I'll try to drop by with encouraging comments for you. Keep blogging!